Ringing in the New Year is a cause for celebration, for spending time with friends and family, and for offering Happy New Year wishes. Browse the Happy New Year messages below to express your New Year wishes and sum up what the past year has meant to you. A lot can happen in a year and between the good, the bad, and the ugly, this may seem like an understatement for most. As glasses are raised and fireworks explode into the sky, it’s important to recognize the special symbolism that the New Year brings. Happy New Year messages should speak to new beginnings and fresh starts, as well as a time of reflection. Whether your New Year resolutions consist of keeping your hands out of the cookie jar or giving your heartfelt word to work on relationships with loved ones, it can take a lot of effort. And it can make all the difference to put these hopes into New Year messages and warm New Year wishes in your New Year’s cards.
These Happy New Year messages, well wishes, and quotes will remind you to uphold your New Year desires, help you fill the blank space in your New Year’s card, and most importantly, share your joy with others this holiday season. Read on for more New Year messages to wish the best for the upcoming year.
Jump to a New Year’s message or a quote:
- Happy New Year’s Greetings Messages
- Happy New Year Inspirational Messages
- New Year Wishes To Friends
- New Year Wishes For Family
- Funny New Year Wishes
- New Year’s Resolution Quotes
- Funny New Year’s Quotes
- New Year Motivational Quotes
- New Year’s Sayings
- Religious Happy New Year Messages
- Bible Verses For The New Year
Classic Happy New Year Card Greetings
The perfect addition to your New Year’s greeting cards no matter who the recipient is- these happy New Year messages strike the perfect balance between general and unique. Include these Happy New Year quotes next to your family photos to make your greeting cards this year more special and bright.
- Wishing you a Happy New Year with the hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come.
- Out with the old, in with the new: may you be happy the whole year through. Happy New Year!
- Counting my blessings and wishing you more. I hope you enjoy the New Year in store.
- I resolve to stop wasting my resolutions on myself and use them to repay you for the warmth you’ve shown me. Happy New Year!
- Nights will be dark but days will be light, wishing your life to be always bright – Happy New Year.
- Let us look back at the past year with the warmest of memories. Happy New Year.
- Let the old year end and the New Year begin with the warmest of aspirations. Happy New Year!
- One more year loaded with sweet recollections and cheerful times has passed. You have made my year exceptionally uncommon, and I wish this continues forever. With you around, each minute is a unique event for me. I wish you to have a year as incredible as you are.
- On this New Year, I wish that you have a superb January, a dazzling February, a Peaceful March, an anxiety-free April, a sensational May, and joy that keeps going from June to November, and then round off with an upbeat December.
- On this New Year, may you change your direction and not dates, change your commitments and not the calendar, change your attitude and not the actions, and bring about a change in your faith, your force, and your focus and not the fruit. May you live up to the promises you have made and may you create for you and your loved ones the happiest New Year ever.
- May this year bring new happiness, new goals, new achievements, and a lot of new inspirations on your life. Wishing you a year fully loaded with happiness.
- Wishing every day of the new year to be filled with success, happiness, and prosperity for you. Happy New Year.
- May the new year bring you warmth, love, and light to guide your path to a positive destination
- Here’s wishing you all the joy of the season. Have a Happy New Year!
Inspirational Messages For New Year Greeting Cards
Everyone could use a little pick-me-up this holiday card season especially when it comes to sticking with New Year’s resolutions. Use one of these inspirational New Year messages for 2022 to instill a little hope in the hearts of your loved ones and put a smile on their faces. New Year wishes just aren’t complete without hope for the New Year ahead.
- A New Year is like a blank book, and the pen is in your hands. It is your chance to write a beautiful story for yourself. Happy New Year.
- As the New Year approaches us with hopes anew, here is to wishing you and your family a wonderful year ahead.
- As the New Year dawns, I hope it is filled with the promises of a brighter tomorrow. Happy New Year!
- Every end marks a new beginning. Keep your spirits and determination unshaken, and you shall always walk the glory road. With courage, faith and great effort, you shall achieve everything you desire. I wish you a Happy New Year.
- On the road to success, the rule is always to look ahead. May you reach your destination and may your journey be wonderful. Happy New Year.
- No one can go back in time to change what has happened, so work on your present to make yourself a wonderful future.
- You’re supposed to let go of the past and start off new. You’re supposed to forgive all those who have hurt you and be open to new relationships, with open arms. That is why it is called the ‘New’ Year. May you have a Happy New Year.
- End each year with a few good lessons and start the new one by showing that you have learnt the lessons of the past well.
- The New Year has brought another chance for us to set things right and to open up a new chapter in our lives.
- Unlike what most people think it is never too late to be what you wish to be.
- Failure doesn’t influence your inner resilience, and failing simply means that you’ve discovered another false way to move your life forward. Profit from it.
- At precisely the moment you feel like giving up, victory is always within reach. Remember this moving into the New Year.
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity, and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
New Year Wishes
The New Year is the perfect occasion to appreciate all the good things that the past year has given you and all the good things that are yet to come. In the past 365 days you have experienced beautiful moments in spite of any hard times in 2021, and they wouldn’t have been quite the same without all of the special people in your life. Convey your warmest New Year wishes and show your friends and family you put some extra thought into wishing them the happiest of New Years with the perfect sentiment. Cheers to successes. Cheers to failures. And cheers to those who helped you make your year what it was. Include these wishes in each New Year card’s message to leave your loved ones feeling inspired.
New Year Wishes To Friends
Add a personal touch to your New Year wishes to friends. It’s important to make sure you let those nearest and dearest to your heart know just how much you cherish their friendship, whether old or new. These wishes also make perfect additions to your New Year’s party invitations.
- Knowing you has been a master class in true friendship. During the New Year, I hope to emulate your love and warmth. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.
- Another year of success and happiness has passed. With every new year comes greater challenges and obstacles in life. I wish you courage, hope and faith to overcome all of the hurdles you may face. May you have a great year and a wonderful time ahead.
- Another year has passed, another year has come. I wish for you that, with every year, you achieve all of your dreams. May God pour love and care on you. Happy New Year.
- Every year we make resolutions and we vow to keep them. This year, my only resolution is to keep spending time with you.
- I’m so excited to make new plans and new memories with you. let’s make this year as good as the last one.
- This time of year, it’s important to gather friends around and spend time together. I am eager to ring in the new year with you.
- Every year we try to diet and exercise. Maybe this year our plans will actually work. Happy New Year, friend.
- Remember when we were young and wanted to stay up for New Year’s Eve? Now we are old and all we want to do is sleep.
- Last year we got older and slower, but we had a good time. Let’s make sure we do the same in this New Year.
- Happy New Year, friend. I hope you saved some champagne because I’m going to need some drinks all year.
- This year may we continue to share the genuine friendship that adds happiness and warmth to even the most mundane days.
- You’re supposed to let go of the past and start off new. You are supposed to forgive all those who hurt you and be open to new relationships, with open arms. That is why, it is called the ‘New’ Year. May you have a Happy New Year, friend!
New Year Wishes For Family
The best New Year wishes are the ones that come from the heart. Add these special New Year messages to your own to craft a one-of-a-kind New Year wish for those who put up with you at your worst, for those you can count on no matter what, for those you call your family.
- You made last year so special for me. It is my greatest wish that this coming year be special for you.
- As we step into another year I’d like to thank you for lifting me up every time when I am down and encouraging me to move forward. Have a beautiful year!
- Life changes, but my New Year wish for you remains the same—I wish you happiness, good health, and well-being from the bottom of my heart!
- I wish you to look forward to the upcoming year with confidence and courage, giving wings to your dreams! Live your life to the fullest extent, Happy New Year!
- Years come and pass, but what it takes to make them worthwhile is someone’s unconditional love, wonderful memories, and zest offered to live them fully. You have given me all of these and much more in the past year, and I know there will be more to come from you in the year ahead.
- Wishing a very Happy New Year to the one who adds sunshine to our family.
- A family like ours lights up every year with happiness and joy! And I am lucky to be a part of it! Happy New Year.
- Families are like fudge—mostly sweet with a few nuts. Happy New Year.
- My sister, my first friend, my constant support: In the coming year, I wish you all of the blessings you truly deserve. I love you, Sis.
- Now, in the New Year, we look back upon warm memories. You’ve had a hand in every wonderfully warm memory I have, Mom. Happy New Year!
- Happy New Year, Grandma. I wish you a bright New Year, just like every year you have brightened in my life. Thank you.
- To my awesome brother: thank you for the fun and sometimes embarrassing memories we share. Let’s keep that tradition going in the upcoming year. Happy New Year.
- As I look forward to a New Year, I always think of the gifts my parents have given me. Though we’re miles apart, you are always in my thoughts. Happy New Year.
Funny New Year Wishes
What better way is there to kick off the New Year than with a huge smile and a couple of laughs? These funny New Year wishes are perfect for that quirky friend or family member who can appreciate a good joke. They’ll love getting your New Year’s card in the mail and smiling big at the funny jokes inside. Make sure you pair the funny message with your personal New Year’s wishes as well.
- Wishing you 12 months of success, 52 weeks of laughter, 365 days of fun, 8,760 hours of joy, 525,600 minutes of good luck, and 31,536,000 seconds of happiness.
- Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.
- I’ve been waiting 365 days to say “Happy New Year” since I had so much fun saying it last year. Happy New Year, Friend.
- May this New Year bring actual change in you, not a recurrence of old habits in a new package.
- A New Year is the chance to start over with a clean slate. Too bad my credit card won’t start over with a blank slate.
- The most fun part about making New Year’s resolutions is breaking New Year’s resolutions. Can’t wait to mess up with you.
- I’m so excited for the new year. Unfortunately, I don’t have any resolutions to make since I’m already perfect.
- Happy New Year. Here is a wish for the New Year from someone who is adorable, handsome, and intelligent and wants to see you smiling always.
- Happy New Year. Here’s to another year pretending that I like you people.
- Happy New Year. Here’s to having a fresh start at binge eating, boozing, and slacking off.
- We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.
- This year may I wish you finally learn how to use your smartphone properly.
- To a New Year full of new possibilities, even though I’m sure we’ll just do the same old stuff anyway.
- Happy New Year and good luck in the next year! We’ll both need it!
New Year Quotes
If you’re stumped on what to include in your Happy New Year messages this year, a quote might be just what you’re looking for. Whether you’re crafting New Year wishes for your friends and family or adding a message to a New Year’s gift, a New Year’s quote is the perfect way to relay happy New Year messages. Let the professionals help you craft New Year messages that will make fireworks go off in the hearts of your recipients. These words will help you share the prosperous New Year with those dear to you.
New Year’s Resolution Quotes
These New Year’s resolution quotes will offer up just the right amount of inspiration to help you stick to your promises this year. Include these Happy New Year quotes in your sparkle and shine New Year’s cards to cause a big impact. You’ll feel great sending your loved ones such a beautiful card with warm wishes, and they’ll feel equally inspired for the new year.
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “If you asked me for my New Year Resolution, it would be to find out who I am.” -Cyril Cusack
- “Let our New Year’s resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.” -Goran Persson
- “How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.” -Benjamin Franklin
- “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.” -Cavett Robert
- “Each year’s regrets are envelopes in which messages of hope are found for the New Year.” -John R. Dallas Jr.
- “The changes in our life must come from the impossibility to live otherwise than according to the demands of our conscience, not from our mental resolution to try a new form of life.” -Leo Tolstoy
- “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “One resolution I have made and try always to keep is this: To rise above the little things.” -John Burroughs
- “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.” -Oscar Wilde
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein
- “We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives… not looking for flaws, but for potential.” -Ellen Goodman
Funny New Year’s Quotes
There are many comical aspects the New Year brings with it. Let the poets, authors, and comedians help you make your dear ones laugh this holiday season with these undeniably funny New Year’s quotes and New Year wishes.
- “Making resolutions is a cleansing ritual of self-assessment and repentance that demands personal honesty and, ultimately, reinforces humility. Breaking them is part of the cycle.” -Eric Zorn
- “A cat’s New Year dream is mostly a bird! Don’t be like a cat; in your New Year dream something that you have never dreamed. Target for new things.” -Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “My New Year’s Resolution List usually starts with the desire to lose between ten and three thousand pounds.” -Nia Vardalos
- “An optimist stays up till midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” -Bill Vaughn
- “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.” -Joey Adams
- “A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” -Anonymous
- “It wouldn’t be New Year’s if I didn’t have regrets.” -William Thomas
- “Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it’s twice as onerous a duty.” -John Selden
- “My New Year’s resolution is to stop hanging out with people who ask me about my New Year’s resolutions.” -Anonymous
- “I think I made too many New Year’s resolutions this year. It took me almost a full day to break them all.” -Anonymous
- “I can’t believe it’s been a year since I didn’t become a better person.” -Anonymous
New Year Motivational Quotes
These motivational quotes for the New Year will help you shine a spotlight on the opportunity the turning of a year brings. Take the bull by the horns this year and do so with a few wise words from these New Year messages.
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- ”Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” -Brad Paisley
- “One thing with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us.” -Michael Cibeuko
- “Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.” -Hal Borland
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” -C.S. Lewis
- “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” -Taylor Swift
- “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering ‘it will be happier.” -Alfred Tennyson
- “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” -T.S. Eliot
- “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity, and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” -Edith Lovejoy Pierce
- “Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.” -Brooks Atkinson
- “The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.” -G.K. Chesterton
- “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.” -Benjamin Franklin
- “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” -Michael Altshuler
- “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” -Carl Bard
New Year’s Sayings
Looking for some New Year’s sayings to add to your toast at your New Year’s Party? Or are you just looking for the right words to share with your loved ones in the New Year? No matter the reason, you’re sure to find value in the New Year’s sayings below: